Futon body size measures by the standard size of its mattress. While futon mattresses have the same dimensions as conventional mattresses they come in split sizes for lounger and split bodies.
Bi-Fold and Lounger Futon Bodies
Here are some helpful tips for the most popular sizes, full and queen:
- Full size futon makes the best everyday couch, while queen size futon makes the best everyday bed.
- Full and queen size futons have 2 seats (3 on full bi-fold, 4 on queen bi-fold).
- Comfortably sleeps 2 adults (for loveseat and queen split with optional ottoman only).
- A full size futon with both the frame and the mattress smaller gets it easier to convert a futon. While queen size makes it more comfortable for 2 people to sleep.
- Full lounger and queen lounger (with sleeper included) are perfect for small spaces and anywhere space is at a minimum.
In order to find out the correct size of the mattress you need, measure the back part of your frame: