The mattresses we sell are NOT fire-proof. Although the mattresses meet fire safety standards issued by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, they will burn if ignited.
Compared to older mattresses, your new mattress will, if ignited, burn more slowly and less intensely, giving you more time to escape.
- Don't smoke in bed. This is a common cause of fatal bedroom fires.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children. Playing with fire can be deadly.
- Using candles in a bedroom is strongly discouraged. Even a small candle can ignite a deadly fire.
- Keep space heaters far away from beds and other flammable items. Follow all of the space heater manufacturer's instructions and warnings.
- Don't run electrical cords under your bed or trap them against a wall. Heat from cords can build up and cause a fire. Avoid placing lamps where they can fall on the bed.
- Don't sleep with a baby or let a baby sleep in an adult bed. Babies can suffocate or be strangled if trapped between a mattress and a wall or bed frame, or if an adult rolls over them.
- Discard the plastic wrapping on your mattress. A child or pet can become entangled and suffocate.
- Promptly dispose of the old mattress to avoid a fire hazard.