A split box spring is a regular mattress foundation made up of two separate pieces placed side-by-side. Split box springs are made for delivery purposes. If your foundation is needed to be delivered to the place with tight doorways, staircases or narrow corners consider buying a split box. Most queen size box springs come in both whole and split types. All king size mattresses use split foundations. Only order split boxes if necessary since they cost more than a one-piece box.
Articles in this section
- What are the mattress options for cabinet beds?
- What are the different mattress sizes?
- What are the Twin XL and Full XL sizes?
- What is the difference between King size and California King size beds?
- What are the Twin/Full and Queen/King sizes?
- What are the mattress set components?
- Why do I need a box spring?
- What is a "split box spring"?
- Do you sell mattresses free of chemicals & toxins?
- What does "organic" or "green" really mean?