All cabinet beds are sold with 6-inch tri-fold mattresses that can be folded and stored inside the cabinet. The storage space would not fit a thicker mattress. Here is a breakdown of the mattress options by the manufacturer.
Arason and Atlantic Furniture cabinet beds come standard with a plain memory foam mattress.
Cabinet beds from Night & Day Furniture and Winmark Traders come standard with a gel memory foam mattress.
CabinetBed offers several mattress options to choose from:
- Memory Foam Tri-Fold Mattress w/Cover (2" Memory Foam, 4" Foam) — a plain single-sided memory foam mattress. It tends to heat up due to the body temperature. The memory foam particles are not wide enough for air to flow rapidly, causing the heat to stay trapped inside. Medium comfort level.
- Flippable Tri-Fold Mattress w/Cover (6" Foam) — a plain double-sided foam mattress. Can be flipped over when needed. Dual comfort level — one side medium, another one plush.
- Gel Memory Foam Tri-Fold Mattress w/Cover (2" Gel Memory Foam, 4" Foam). The top layer of this mattress is made of gel-infused memory foam that neutralizes the body heat and keeps the mattress cool throughout the night. Medium comfort level.
- Latex Tri-Fold Mattress w/Cover (2" Latex, 4" Foam). This mattress is less firm compared to the memory foam ones. Latex offers more benefits than memory foam — it is a much more breathable and durable material, is hypoallergenic, and provides a more spring-like comfort. Plush comfort level.
- All Latex Tri-Fold Mattress w/Cover (6" Latex). This mattress offers the softest comfort among the other options. Plush comfort level.